Tuesday, October 30, 2007

$38 bounty on Ultimate Bet and $27.50 Tourney on Pokerstars

Ultimate Bet
$38 buy in. This is a bounty tournament, so every person that I knock out, I get $5.
307 players
Top Prize: $2302.63, pays top 40

After the first break, I have about $3700 in chips. We start with $1500 in chips. That's 34th place out of 175 players. I'm pretty solid right now. I have yet to knock anyone out.

Did not make it to the 2nd break. I was standing pretty good when I was dealt K K. There was a raiser ahead of me. I reraised. The original raiser raised all in. I had the chips to cover so I called. He flipped over A A. WOW! I end up finishing in 85th place. That was my only mistake of the night and it cost me the tournament. What do you do with K K in that situation? Call right? It so hard to lay down K K.

I do not cash, except for the $5 bounty that I got for knocking 1 person out.

Overall $33 loss


Pokerstars
$27.50 buy in.
1415 players
Top Prize: $7531.34, pays top 180

After the first break, I have $4535 in chips. We start with $3000 in chips. It has been up and down. I am currently 392nd place out of 868 players.

So I am playing both sites at the same time. I have about $18,000 in chips (40th place). While I was playing on Ultimate Bet, the screen pops back and forth. There was a raise and a reraise for about $9,000. As the screen is going back and forth, I accidentally hit call with my 3 7 suited spades. I obviously lose that hand. and am down to $9,000(152nd place out of 342). The funny thing was that I hit a straight on the river, but lose to the flush. PAY ATTENTION! CRAP!


OMG! You won't believe what just happened! The blinds are at 300/600. Player in early position raises to $1800. I have K K. I reraise to $9,000. The player after me goes all in for $10,000 (he has Q Q). The original raiser had A A and goes all in. I am pot committed so I call. I was devastated and was ready to sleep for the night until I saw the flop. The flop comes K J K. I flop quads. I am now 20th place with a little over 35K in chips.

I make it to the final table. I go into the final table as the chip leader. People are playing so tight. I'm stealing pots, but I also get several good hands. Anyway, we get down to 4 players and I'm the chip leader. They want to chop it 4 ways and play for $1000. We all agree that that is what is going to happen. The 4 way chop comes out to be $3786 each with $1000 on the table. We play for the 1K and I win it all. I am so tired right now.

Outcome: 1st place: $4786

Here I come online poker world!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Steak dinner! Steak dinner!

:) Yay!

Unknown said...

Nice work V! Now you can put that right into the Main Event account.