Sunday, December 16, 2007

Fight your way back!

Pokerstars tournament.
Buy in: $55 Entrants: 1498 Pays: Top 135 Top Prize: $17,227

I've been playing tight all game. There's about 500 players left and I get dealt AK offsuit in the small blind. It gets checked to the button and he raises it 3 x the big blind. I have about 6500 in chips. I decide that he's trying to steal the blind so I go all in. I have him covered with about 600 chips left if I lose. He turns over 33 and I don't hit either one of my cards. I'm left with 600 chips and start going all in. I keep on winning my all ins. I double up several times and am now in good position. I currently have 31K in chips and am in 13th place. There are 366 players left.

There's about 160 players left and I have been beat several times pretty badly. I called an all in with AJ offsuit. The other player had A5 and he hit his 5 on the flop. I'm still in the game, but it's a lot different when you are shortstacked. 25 more players to go until I get in the money.

I end up finishing in 104th place. Make a little money. I put all my chips in with KQ, big mistake.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

You should update your blog with stories from your Vegas trip.

:)