Thursday, November 8, 2007

$2/4 no limit cash game on Pokerstars

I sometimes get bored with the tournament scene and will take a break from it to play in a cash game or play in a tournament and cash game simultaneously. Well, I was playing in a cash game on pokerstars the other night and came upon this hand.

I was on the button with pocket tens. There were 3 limpers ahead of me and two more players left to act. I decided to just call with 10 10 because that is not that powerful of a hand and I wanted to see if I would hit my set. The action moves to the big blind and he raises it to $20. Everyone folds and it's up to me. I decide to call his raise. The flope comes 5 10 9 with two clubs. The raiser acts first and bets the pot which is about $50. I raise him pretty big. I know I am ahead right now. He reraises me all in. I now know that he has a pocket pair higher than my tens, but I'm ahead. I call his all in and hope that a face card doesn't come on the turn or river. The turn comes a J and the river brings an A. He had pocket Jacks and takes about $360 from me.

After that beat, I think about whether I played the hand wrong or not. I decided that I played it correctly and that he had about an 8% chance of winning the hand after seeing the flop. 9 times out of 10 I would win that hand. He got lucky. Beware of cash games. The swings are very high just like what I wrote about.

I took out $3500 of the $5000 that I won from the tournament. I have about $1700 in my Pokerstars account and am still doing pretty well. I plan to transfer some money in my Fulltilt and Ultimate Bet account later this week.

Online Poker domination will be in full force starting in the year 2008.

No comments: